Happy Easter! I hope you are having a relaxing, family-filled Easter Weekend! I am sitting in my living room at my parent's house drinking coffee with Austin and the dogs before we go to church. The best kind of morning!
1a. Today ONLY, American Eagle has their shorts marked down 40%.
2. BOOKS: currently reading two polar opposite books (anyone else read multiple books at once?). First is Brene Brown's Braving the Wilderness. I have so much about it over the past year and have been waiting until now to read it.
3. Book numero dos is The Ghost in My Brain, which is actually required for one of my classes but I have been pretty excited about it, as it has to do with the effects of Traumatic Brain Injury on cognitive ability and vision, and how these people can be cognitively healed.
4. Currently on the hunt for a new backpack. My Columbia bag has lasted three years, but after Boards it is finally on it's last leg. Any suggestions?
6. For Valentine's Day, Austin and I took some precious pictures with the fabulous Abbye Rowan and I can't wait to share them all (sneak peeks above and below!).
7. Ella will be A YEAR OLD two weeks from today so I have been searching out a pup-cake recipe to make for her. Anyone else go overboard for their furry family member's birthday?
8. Austin and I have been watching Parks and Rec and IT IS SO FUNNY. Few shows make Austin deep-belly laugh regularly, but this one does!
And a few for my Optometry nerds...
9. For those of you who have not yet taken Boards, one of the boards-prep companies has a free daily email question subscription that lets you begin to see boards-like questions. Go to OptoPrep.com and click "Start Prepping with the Free Dose of OptoPrep Email". It doesn't cost anything and it is definitely good to start seeing questions early! I wish I would have started them earlier!
10. I am love having time to actually read medical journals now that I have some free time. I thoroughly enjoyed this article over Neuro-Ophthalmic Disease in Review of Optometry, as this is one of my favorite areas to study due to it's puzzle-like integration of signs and symptoms to get to the underlying cause. Everything from classic migraines and papilledema, to CVA, tumors and Multiple Sclerosis can have very distinct, yet also overlapping signs and symptoms - but each imperatively needs to be ruled out or confirmed for the well-being of the patient.
Hope you are enjoying the weather! It is 72 degrees in Oklahoma today, but there is a chance of winter precip tomorrow (ugh). Happy 12th Day of Spring!